Tossens Goldman Gonne has proven expertise in various areas, such as distribution, consultancy, partnership agreements, mergers and acquisitions, restructuring, and securities regulation.
This competence is applied both to the negotiation and drafting of complex commercial contracts and to the resolution of disputes.
Combining the roles in negotiation accompaniment and in the setup of various structures, and preventing or managing litigation, allow for wise pre-emptive advice and a better appreciation of risks. The experience gained in both transactional and arbitration practices also helps to identify the most appropriate structure and the necessary precautions for each case scenario, as well as the arguments most likely to convince and the dossier which best supports it.
- Representing a leading Belgian company, active in the energy sector, in several disputes, including the arbitration and judicial proceedings relative to damage claim compensation to a power station; several complex disputes related to the construction of wind turbines in Belgium.
- Representing a US company active in the field of soil decontamination in various disputes arising from its activities and investments in Belgium.
- Representing a Belgian company active in the oil sector in a dispute against an international group on unfair commercial practices and violations of intellectual property rights (including an action for injunction and a descriptive seizure).
- Representing a leading French company active in the air freight sector in a procedure against an airline for the recovery of severance payments related to an agency contract.
- Representation of a Belgian company active in the aeronautical maintenance sector in various disputes.
- Representing a leading French insurance company for its customers active in the aeronautical maintenance sector
- Representing a Canadian company active in the production of PVC, in a dispute with a Belgian group, aimed at indemnification claims following the termination of a concession contract binding the parties.
- Representing two leading Belgian companies in the energy transport infrastructure sector in the management of their strategy and their regulatory conflicts.
- Structuring the acquisitions of shares and partnerships in listed companies and alliances in avoidance of the takeover bid regime.
- Drafting and negotiating numerous contracts related to equity investments and to various industrial sectors such as energy and steel.
- Drafting and negotiating contracts related to service and outsourcing.
- Drafting and negotiating of consultancy contracts for assignments in Belgium and abroad, particularly in the real estate and energy sectors.
- Drafting and negotiating software licensing agreements.
- Drafting and negotiating an exclusive international partnership contract between a major Franco-Belgian art gallery and a foreign partner.
- Drafting and negotiating a contract for the sale, construction and maintenance by a Belgian seller of a metal drum production plant in the Middle East.